St Anthony’s Catholic Primary School provides a Christian education environment that nurtures, encourages and challenges all students to achieve their full human potential. To facilitate this, we offer a safe and secure environment for all so that the rights of all are respected and they are able to gradually take responsibility for their actions.
Pastoral Care is innate in the staff and models respect, justice and faith. It is sustained by Catholic values and embedded in the diverse religious, academic, social, emotional and physical aspects of school life. Pastoral Care respects the dignity of each person and their contribution to the school community.
It is the responsibility of the whole school community to actively promote the wellbeing of each other through:
- developing each individual's Catholic faith tradition through prayer, worship and action
- developing a school climate that creates a sense of belonging and recognises the dignity of each individual
- building a community of shared roles and responsibilities, focused on positive relationships
- encouraging opportunities for leadership that is effective, caring and characterised by mutual respect, honesty and cooperation
- establishing high and achievable expectations
- developing the full potential by providing a safe and supportive environment
- affirming the positive contributions of all the community
- establishing procedures that promote an inclusive community
- encouraging positive behaviours and acknowledging individual achievements
- promoting the rights and responsibilities of all members of the community
- protecting the moral and human integrity of each person
- raising social justice consciousness and awareness